If your little ones love to bake then why not get involved in the Samphire Junior Bake Competition with a fabulous prize that includes joining us at Chester Food and Drink Festival on Saturday 15th April 2017?
The four semi-finalists will all be given VIP tickets for the Chester Food and Drink Festival, which includes meal vouchers and Champagne for the grown-ups PLUS membership of Club Individual. They will also be given access to the kitchens at Chester Racecourse to recreate their masterpieces (see terms and conditions below). Their fabulous creations will then be judged live at the Celebrity Chef Demonstration Area by the critically acclaimed chef Jean-Christophe Novelli, with the winning baker also winning a family ticket to Alton Towers that includes a meal for four at the Rollercoaster Restaurant.
The theme for our Junior Bake Competition is Traditional Family Bakes. They can be sweet or savoury – it doesn't need to be too complicated and you can add your own interpretation. It may be something with a twist. Overall we are looking for a recipe that will stand the test of time – one that can be, or has been, passed down through generations. It could be an apple pie with a secret ingredient or a savoury bake with something sweet added. You decide – we are open minded and just want you to have fun in the kitchen.
Most of all just be creative!
How to enter
Complete this entry form
and add your own photograph of the completed recipe. Tick the boxes to confirm that you will be available to attend the Chester Food and Drink Festival on Saturday 15th
April. Finally press submit tab as indicated.
Closing date for entries is 12 noon on 28th
Terms and conditions
- Judging will be based on the written entry, photograph and the creativity and accuracy of the recipe.
- All entries must be entirely your own work.
- Judges and their families are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants can enter as many times as they wish.
- By entering you are agreeing to be photographed along with your entry if you are a finalist or winner – this is for publicity purposes only.
- All ingredients must be listed for allergy purposes and all ingredients must be edible.
- All participants, with at least one guardian or parent, will need to be able to attend the Chester Food and Drink Festival on Saturday 15th April 2017.
- Participants will need to be less than 12 years old as at 1st January 2017.
- Four finalists and guardians/parents will be notified by Friday 10th March.
- All four finalists will need to create their recipe from start to finish on Saturday 15th April from 12 noon. This process will be overseen by one of the Chester Racecourse chefs and visited by celebrity chef Jean-Christophe Novelli. One parent or guardian of each of the four finalists will also need to be attendance during this process.
- Recipe to be created by 2.45pm on Saturday 15th April.
- Winner will be announced just before 3pm. Prizes will be presented at the Celebrity Chef Demonstration Area by Jean-Christophe Novelli on Saturday 15th April 2017.